Lineup makes it easy to collect feedback about team members. This article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to set up the team evaluation and how to invite to start completing those evaluations.
Team Evaluations do require that an admin has set up an Evaluation Template.
A note about terminology:
- Team Evaluations refer to evaluations that are set up for a particular team. A team can have multiple team evaluations and each of those team evaluations can have multiple evaluatees and evaluators.
- Evaluation Templates are sets of evaluation questions that have been created by a Lineup admin. You select an evaluation template when you create a new team evaluation.
- Evaluatees are the people on a team that you wish to collect feedback about. All evaluatees must be in the accepted status on that team.
- Evaluators are people who are completing the evaluations and giving feedback about the evaluatees.
Creating a new team evaluation
To start a new evaluation for a team, click the "New Evaluation" button on the team's Overview tab. Starting this process will not send out any emails or external communications.
Setting up your evaluation
Once you click, "New Evaluation," you will start to set up your team evaluation.
First, select the evaluation template that you would like to use. The templates are groups of evaluation questions, and are configured by the Lineup admin on your account.
You may also pick an Evaluation Display Name. The display name is what an evaluator will see when they access the team evaluation. By default, the display name will be the same as the template name.
You can also set a deadline for the evaluation. Once this deadline has passed, evaluators can no longer submit evaluations.
Finally, you will identified who you want to collect feedback about. Only team members who are in the Accepted status are eligible to be evaluated.
As a shortcut, you can click on the position name to select everyone in that position.
Once you've selected your evaluation template and identified who you'd like to evaluate, click "Save" in the top-right part of the screen.
Managing team evaluations
Once you have created a team evaluation, it's time to manage it. You'll see a summary of the evaluation on the "Details" tab.
The four boxes at the top will show:
- The status of the team evaluation. Open means that people can still complete evaluations. Closed means that the deadline has passed.
- The number of evaluatees, or the number of people that you would like to evaluate.
- How many people have completed evaluations.
- How many people have not completed evaluations, but have been sent evaluations.
Below the boxes will be a list of all the evalutees that you selected when setting up the team evaluation. Note that once you send out the evaluation, you will not be able to edit this list, so please make sure that it's correct before you start soliciting feedback.
Below the evaluatees list, you will see the deadline information. The deadline can be added, removed, or set to the past in order to close the evaluation.
Next, you will see a summary of all the evaluators. When you initially set up the evaluation, this area will be empty.
Finally, if you are an Owner level user, you can delete the team evaluation completely. If there were completed evaluations, these will be deleted as well, so use with caution!
There are two ways to invite evaluators:
- Via a share link (which is a feature that is coming soon)
- Sending them an email directly
Inviting evaluators by email
Click on the "Invite by email" to begin inviting people to submit their feedback about the evaluatees.