Overview of the organization
Everyone who uses Lineup has an organization, even if you do not have workspaces. The organization comprises of everything you use Lineup for—people, teams, forms, evaluations, etc.
Think of your workspaces as subsets of the organization. While everyone is included in the organization, the workspace may have a subset of those people, and the information that's displayed with each of those people (eg. certifications, custom fields, evaluations) is also a subset of what the organization can see.
To help understand the different relationships that organizations and workspaces have, here's a rundown of all the different pieces of data that you're tracking in Lineup.
- Everyone (all profiles, all people, in all statuses) is included in the organization. Think of the organization as the everything bucket. It gets to see all the things.
- Workspaces consist of a subset of those people and profiles (and the information that they do see on that subset of people can be further limited, see below).
- Teams are either associated with a workspace or with an organization.
- When viewing the teams search from the organization, you'll be able to see all of the teams across all of the workspaces. If you want to view more details about a team within a workspace, however, you'll need to switch to that workspace (just click on the name and Lineup will help you switch).
- When viewing the teams search from a workspace, you'll only see the teams associated with that workspace.
Custom Fields and Skills
- The organization will be able to view all custom fields across all workspaces. All values (i.e. the answers or responses to fields) are also viewable to the organization.
- Custom Fields can be shared across multiple workspaces.
- Individual workspaces can have a subset of the custom fields associated with them. See Workspace Management for more details.
- When removing a custom field from a workspace, the values will not be deleted from the profile. To completely delete the custom field, a system owner must do this from the organization’s admin page.
- Tags are specific to the workspace or the organization. They are not shared (meaning if you applied a tag to one person’s profile in a workspace, you will not see it in any other workspace or the organization).
- The organization will be able to view all certifications across all workspaces.
- Individual workspaces can see a subset of certifications associated with them (like custom fields above). See Workspace Management for more details.
- The organization can see reports across all workspaces and the organization specific data (see a pattern forming here?).
- Individual workspaces can only see reports related to data in that workspace.
- When viewing a report from the organization, you can sort and filter on the workspace name.
Most Admin Specific Things (Forms, Evaluations, Email Templates, etc.)
- Lineup Forms (including general forms, team forms, evaluations, and surveys), email templates, disclaimers, custom field groups, and any other admin specific things are specific to the organization or a workspace. They are not shared, and the organization doesn't inherit them.