Legal Disclaimers are required statements or agreements that people must agree to before they can accept an invitation to a team.
Anatomy of a disclaimer
They look like this:
They are comprised of four parts:
- Title (eg. "Participant Nondisclosure Agreement")
- The disclaimer itself (eg. the stuff inside of the white box that scrolls)
- The file of the disclaimer (this is optional)
- The acknowledgement text (eg. "I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the above statement")
Adding a new disclaimer
- Go to Admin > Disclaimers.
- Click "New Disclaimer" in the top-right of the screen.
- Give your disclaimer a name
- Give it an active start date. This date will automatically be set to today's date.
- Give your disclaimer an active end date, if you'd like it to close at some point in the future. Leave it blank if you don't know.
- Paste in your disclaimer text. We support standard formatting options.
- Configure the "acknowledgement text." This is the text that the end-user will see after the checkbox. It's what they're agreeing to. We've given you some standard text.
- If you'd like to give the user the option of downloading the disclaimer itself, upload it next.
- Finally, click "Save" in the top-right of the screen.
Updating the status of a disclaimer
If you'd like to set a disclaimer to inactive (or make an inactive one active), start by clicking on the disclaimer itself on Admin > Disclaimer.
From here, you'll be able to update the Active Start Date and the Active End Date. Click on the "Archive Now" button to immediately close the disclaimer (this will set the Active End Date to today).
If you'd like to make the disclaimer active again, simply delete the Active End Date.
If you are an Owner of your Lineup system, you can also delete the disclaimer completely. Warning that this will delete all history of anyone accepting these disclaimers. We recommend archiving them instead.
Editing an existing disclaimer
Finally, if you'd like to edit the title, disclaimer text, acknowledgement text, or the associated file, click on the "Edit" button at the top-right of the screen.
Here, make any edits that you would like and click "Save" in the top right.
Please note that edits will be made immediately to all active disclaimers. Anyone accessing the disclaimer after this will see the updated disclaimer.
Also, please note that anyone who has previously acknowledged the disclaimer will still show up as having acknowledged it. If you'd like to support a new version of an existing disclaimer, we recommend archiving the old one and creating a new one.