Filters allow you to reduce the results of a search, whether you're on the Team Search page, the Team Roster page, or the People Search page. Filters allow you to find the type of team (or person) that you're looking for.
For example, you can apply some team filters to only display teams that started this year and that are currently active, or people who are active and submitted a particular Lineup Form.
This article goes over the different ways that you can filter your results.
- How to apply filters
- Systems Filters
- Custom Field Filters
How to apply filters
To apply a filter, click on the "Filters" button just under the search bar and to the right of the results number.
If there are any filters applied, there will be a number before the word "filter". Most commonly, there will be a single filter applied so that you're only viewing active teams or people.
Clicking the button will open a filter panel.
In the example above, a single filter has been set: Status is Active. This will show only people that are currently in the "active" status.
The left-most dropdown menu will list all your available filters. These include system filters, which are filters that are baked into Lineup, and filters that are driven by your own custom fields.
The next dropdown menu lists all the operators available for that filter. Examples of operators are "is", "is not", or "contains".
The third dropdown or field (if there is one), will let you set the parameters of the filter. For example, if you selected "Team Status" as your filter, "is" as your operator, the third field will let you specify whether you'd like to see only teams that are "active" or "archived."
Notes and Tips
- Currently, the results will match the results of all of the filters you apply (an "and" statement). So if you apply a filter to show all "active teams" as well as all teams that you've designated as "committees", the results will show only active committees.
- You must press the purple "Apply Filters" before the filters are applied.
- Clicking cancel will not apply any filters. It will simply close the filter panel.
For People Search
The following filters are available for everyone when searching for people, whether from People Search or when you're looking for someone to pick for a team.
- Whether they are Active, Archived, or Potential
- Search for the specific first name of someone
- Search for the specific last name of someone
- Search any part of a person's name
- You can also do this from the search bar
- Search any part of a person's email address
- You can also do this from the search bar
- Search for someone's evaluation rating
- Search based on the person's gender (male, female, non-binary, or prefer not to answer)
Last Updated Date
- Filter based on the last time any part of the profile was updated
- Filter based on someone's identified race or ethnicity
- Filter based on a U.S. state in someone's mailing address
- Filter based on a province in someone's (non-U.S.) mailing address
- Filter based on a city in a profile's mailing address
- Filtered based on Country in a profile's mailing address
- Filter based on active certifications in someone's profile
- Filter based on Tags on a person
- Read more about tags
- Filter based on what specific teams a person has been on
Position Status in Active Team
- Filter based on whether the person is Picked, Invited, Accepted, or Declined on any active teams
Active Teams Count
- Filter based on the number of active teams someone is on
All Teams Count
- Filter based on the number of teams (active, inactive, and historical) that someone has been on
Filter based on what Lineup Forms someone has been on
For Team and Team Roster Search
Some of the filters are available for all clients. We call these system filters, and they let you filter on things built into the system, like team status and when a team starts or ends.
- Team status is our way of saying, "is the team active or archived?" If you want to see all teams, just remove this filter completely.
Team Start and End Dates
- As the name would imply, these filters allow you to add filters around the team start date or end date (or lack thereof).
Person Name (Team Rosters only)
- If you'd like to filter on a specific person's name, use this. It'll search and filter on both the first, middle, and last name.
Person Job Title and Company (Team Rosters only)
- Fairly self-explanatory. If you're looking for someone with a particular job title or company name, use these filters. These filters are tied to the system job title and company fields.
Position Name (Team Rosters only)
- The name of the position that the person is on for that particular team.
Position Status (Team Rosters only)
- Whether the person on the team is Picked, Invited, Accepted, or Declined.
Custom Field Filters
Every custom field that you've set up can be filtered on. This includes team fields, person fields (Person and Team Rosters only), and tracked fields (Team Rosters only). Depending on the type of custom field, though, you will have different options.
Checkbox, Dropdown, and Multi-select Fields
These are the fields that have values associated with them. Filters for these three field types share the same operators and options.
- "is any of"
- Will let you pick from all the associated values. If the team has any of those values, then the team will be part of the results
- "is not any of"
- The opposite of the above. If the team has any of the selected values, then the team will not appear in the results
- "is empty"
- If this particular field is blank/unassigned/empty/null/pick your adjective, then it will appear in the results
- "is not empty"
- Opposite of the above. Basically, if the team team has any value at all in that field, then it will appear in the results.
Long Answer and Short Answer
- Will show all teams that match the exact value in the field to the right
- "is not"
- Will show all teams that do not match the exact value in the field to the right
- Will show all teams that have the value in the field to the right somewhere
- "does not contain"
- Will show all teams that do not have the value in the field to the right somewhere
- "starts with"
- Shows teams that begin with the value in the field to the right
- "ends with"
- Shows teams that end with the value in the field to the right
Other cool stuff you can do with filters
- If you consistently apply the same filters to your search results, you can save a view. Check out this article to learn more about saved views.
- For Team Rosters and People Search, you can export your results.