If you find that you're applying the same filters to a list again and again, you can now save those settings with a Saved View. A Saved View automatically loads all the filters from a simple drop down. You can save these just for you, or share them with the rest of the Lineup users.
This article covers:
Loading Saved Views
To load a saved view, click on the drop down menu below the word "Teams." By default, it's set to "All Active Teams."
You can filter the list of views (if your list is long) by typing into the search bar at the top of the screen.
To load a view, just select it from the list.
The menu is divided into three sections:
- System-defined views
- For the Teams Search, you'll be able to search all teams that are active, all teams that are archived, and all teams regardless of that status.
- My Views
- If you have created views of your own (see below), they will show up here.
- If you have shared a view that you created with the rest of the Lineup users, you will see a gray tag that says, "Shared" next to your saved view name.
- Shared Views
- This is a list of all the views that have been created by other people and then shared.
- You cannot edit other people's shared views (unless you're an Owner)
- Your own views that are shared will not appear here, since they're already in the list above.
- If you want to share one of your own views, it cannot have the same name as an existing shared view.
Creating a new Saved View
- Navigate to the Teams Search page
- (Optional) Set the filters that you'd like to save. Don't worry, you can always do this part later, but if you do this first, you'll be able to check the results of your saved filer.
- Click on the drop down menu just below the word "Team"
- A new panel will open up. Give your view a name.
- Views are set as private by default (meaning only you will be able to see them in the menu). If you'd like the view to be available to everyone who logs into Lineup, click the "Shared view" checkbox.
- Review the filters that are associated with this Saved View. You can add new ones, or remove ones that you don't want to have on it.
- Once you're satisfied, click Save in the top-right of the panel. If you decided that you don't want to save this view, click Cancel.
- The Saved View is now available in the drop down menu below the "Teams".
Editing existing Saved Views
- To edit a Saved View, simply hover of it in the menu and click the pencil/edit icon to the right. This will open the same panel you used to create it in the first place.
Note: You can only edit the Saved Views that you created.
- Add or remove filters from the edit panel, or toggle whether it should be shared or private.
- Click save once you're happy with the changes and you're all set.
Please sign in to leave a comment.