Lineup empowers you to add new people to your pool, either through adding them individually, or using our bulk importing tool. However, if you're using Lineup's services to import your data, we have some recommendations to speed up the data migration process.
Requirements for all import files
- The import file must be a .csv, .xls, or .xlsx file.
- Include a header row in your file
- Each column header should correspond with the custom field that's being imported
Requirements for importing people
- Import files must include columns for:
- First name
- Last name
- Import files must include data for those three columns. If a row does not have a first name, last name, or email address, we cannot import that row
How to set up your CSV template
Beginning by setting up a new CSV with, at a minimum, the following fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
You can also use our CSV template as a starting point: download Lineup's CSV template
Add custom field data
- For each custom field, create a new column
- The column header should match the name of the custom field
- For dropdown, checkbox, and tagbox field types, the value in each of the cells (beneath the header row) should match the values of that custom field exactly. This will ensure that your data will be imported properly
- If the cell is left blank, we will not assign a value to that person
Example of a file with "Member," "License Number," and "Vetting" fields set up:
Special consideration for checkbox and tagbox field types:
Since someone can have multiple values for these field types (for example, someone may have both a "cat" and a "dog" if you were tracking pets), you'll need to set up your data to support this.
The most straightforward way to manage this is to have a column for each value (eg "cats" and "dogs") and then repeating the value in each row that the person should have the value.
Person A just has a dog. Persons B and D just own cats. Person C owns both a dog and a cat (so should have both values imported), and Person E owns just a rabbit.
Save your spreadsheet and send it to us by creating a new ticket.