This feature is currently available for Pro and Enterprise levels. Interested in upgrading? Send us an email.
Display Logic allows you to show only relevant questions to your end-users on your Lineup Forms and surveys. Use this to tailor the form (and survey) experience.
Example: Ask a question like: "Do you like ice cream?" If they say, "yes" (as they should!), then a new question will appear asking, "What are your favorite flavors?"
How to add Display Logic to a form
- Make sure you have an form. Learn how to create a new one here.
- Navigate to Admin -> Lineup Forms (or Team Surveys) -> YOUR FORM
- Click on the question that you would like to show or hide. We will call this the "target" question.
- Once the sidebar opens, you will see a new tab: "Logic"
- On the logic tab, you'll see a checkbox that reads: "Only show this question based on answers to previous questions." It looks like this:
- Click that if you... erm, want to only show this question based on answers to previous questions (we'll call these the triggering questions). A dropdown menu will appear, listing all questions that come before this one. I.e. Only questions that are before the target question can drive the display logic. Additionally, only questions that have values (i.e. checkbox, dropdown, or multi-select fields) can be the triggering question.
- Select a question from that dropdown menu and you will see a checkbox list of all values associated with the selected question.
- Check all of the values that would show this question. In this example, if you want this question (favorite flavors) to only show when someone selects "Yes" on the "Ice Cream" question, then you would check "Yes".
- Make sure to click "Save" in the top-right
A few things to note
- You will want to set the display logic on the question that you want to show or hide (target question)
- The question that determines whether the target question is shown or is hidden (triggering question) must be before the target question
- The question that determines whether the target question is shown or is hidden (triggering question) can only be a checkbox, multi-select, or dropdown field
- Target questions can still be required. They will only be required if they are displayed, obviously.
- You can actually chain these together, so questions can be both triggering and target questions.