Team Surveys let you gather anonymous feedback from the team members about their experience on given team. This article covers how you set those surveys up. If you're looking for instructions on how to send out the surveys, read this article.
- Create your questions
- Create new form
- Adding questions
- Customizing the text of the introduction and confirmation pages
Create your questions
If this is your very first team survey, you probably have not set up your questions yet. To start, go to "Admin" in the top menu bar and navigate to "Team Surveys" (/admin/surveys).
Click on the "+ New survey question" to get started.
You'll need to make a few decisions. If you're familiar with creating custom fields, it's the same process.
- Type: This is the kind of question that you're asking. Think of it as a field type. So if you want someone to select from a list, pick "drop down". If you want a comment, pick "long answer".
- Name: This is the label for the survey question. It is not how the question appears on the survey. You'll customize this later, when you actually create your survey.
- Description: The description is optional. It's the default text of the team survey.
Once you're happy, click "Save" in the top-right corner and you'll have your first team survey question!
Repeat this step for as many questions as you want to include on your team survey.
Create new form
Now that you have your team survey questions all set up, it's time to create the actual survey.
Click the "+ New Team Survey" button in the top-right.
Give the survey a name, click create, and you're all set!
Questions will make up the bulk of your team survey. In fact, you can't actually send one out without a question.
To add a new question, start by clicking the "ADD NEW QUESTION" button. A selection of all of your questions (the ones you set up earlier) will appear in a drop down.
Once you have selected a survey question, a sidebar will open. Here, you can customize how the question appears on the form and determine whether it should be required on that form.
Once you're all set, click "Save" in the top-right.
- Clicking the pencil will let you edit the question.
- Clicking the trash icon will remove the question from this form (but will not delete the custom field).
- Clicking the six dots on the left side will let you reorder your questions by dragging and dropping.
Customizing the text of the introduction and confirmation pages
You can customize the text of the introduction and confirmation pages.
Introduction pages appear before the actual application form. Confirmation pages are shown once someone has submitted an application.
To add intro text when you do not have one, click the button "ADD INTRO TEXT". To edit current introduction and confirmation text, click on the pencil.
If you want to remove an introduction text, click the trash can icon. You must always have a confirmation page, however!
Once you've set up your Team Survey, it's time to send it out! To learn about how to do that, check out this article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.